Installing the Beta Release
This build is the pre-release version of Open Brush and may contain untested new features.
You can opt in to the beta via Oculus or Steam, or you can download a separate beta version via Itch.io
Remember, these pre-release builds are labelled beta for a reason, and some features may contain bugs. Make sure to back up your important sketches before proceeding!
- 1.Right Click on Open Brush in your Steam Library and choose "Properties"
2. Choose "Betas" on the left, and in the dropdown, select whether you want to opt into the beta or experimental mode version. You can also return to the normal release version by choosing "None"
- 3.Wait for Open Brush to update.
- 1.Either use the Oculus App on your PC or go to the AppLab Store page (Search the web for "Open Brush Quest" or "Open Brush Rift" depending on whether you want the PC or native Quest version):
- 2.Or find Open Brush in the mobile app:
- 3.Choose "Beta". (Or you can switch back to "LIVE" if you want to go back to the normal release version. Note: If LIVE has a lower release number than Beta, you'll need to uninstall Open Brush first before downloading the LIVE version again.)
- 4.Wait for Open Brush to update.
We also host some beta versions on our Itch.io page.
If you can't find a version to suit your platform anywhere else then this page on Github has the latest beta build for all the platforms we support.